By: Rebecca Carey
So on April 30th our first edition of the Revolving Door Journal was published on our website. We slowly combed through the 32 submissions to pick out the submissions that met our standards. It was a slow process at first. I personally read through the submissions as they came in and evaluated them for simple errors that wouldn't have to be sent back to the author. As the entries slowly trickled in it became easier to tell which ones would work well with what our journal is trying to offer readers.
After the evaluations had been done it was just waiting for the other two founders to approve the corrections I requested and to approve of the submissions. I made sure that all of the corrections were made to the documents and then uploaded them to our shared Google Docs Drive where Ren was able to take them and upload them to our website. We did have a few problems with formatting with the website. We were unable to upload three submissions because of the formatting problem so we ended up with a total of 16 submissions at the end of it.
I'm very pleased with how our journal turned out. The formatting problem will need to be solved before our next edition but overall it was very successful!